Through the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (SM) called CDARS, we can place large deposits into smaller-denomination CDs at multiple institutions.
This service can offer you significant benefits:
Safety of FDIC Insurance for Large Deposits
Because funds are placed in FDIC-insured CDs that are issued by other Network members, your total deposits may be eligible for full FDIC coverage, even up to $50 million.
Always earn competitive rates with CDs opened through the CDARS program. St. Louis Bank's competitive interest rates compare favorably with other high quality fixed income investments.
Manage all of your CD investments through one banking relationship. When you make a deposit through CDARS, you deal only with people you know and trust here at St. Louis Bank.
Supporting the Local Community
Your deposits strengthen our financial position and make it possible for us to support lending programs here in our local community.
Through CDARS, we offer specific advantages to institutional and business customers.
- Your deposits are matched by other CDARS participating banks, effectively satisfying some organizations' mandate to invest locally.
- Because all funds are eligible for FDIC insurance, deposits will not need to be collateralized to conform to your investment policies.
- Financial officers and small-business owners can enjoy access to FDIC-insured deposits through us.
- Many organizations that follow the State of Missouri Investment Policy, are now eligible to invest through the CDARs program.
- Cash managers have an alternative to commercial paper, money market funds, and repurchase agreements.
Transactions through CDARS are processed quickly and easily.
- Submit an order. You submit a CDARS order with help from one of our customer service representatives.
- Deposit through us. We submit your funds for placement through CDARS*.
- CDs issued through the CDARS system. Your money is placed into CDs with denominations under $250,000, which are issued by other banks and thrifts; your entire deposit, up to $50 million, can be eligible for FDIC insurance coverage.
- Confirmation of deposit. When your CDs are issued, you receive notification confirming your deposit.